Teacher Job Fair
Alice Deal Middle School, 3815 Fort Drive, NW, Washington, DC 20016
Saturday, April 24, 2021
9 am – 12 pm
Saturday, May 15, 2021
9am – 12 pm
Math • Science • Social Studies • English • Spanish • French • Chinese • Physical Education • Music • Art • Counselors • Social Workers • Special Education Coordinator • Behavior Techs
Seeking GREAT teachers who believe
in urban schools and student achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Alice Deal MS Teachers
- Set and reinforce clear expectations and routines that are aligned with the school’s overall vision.
- Develop and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
- Thoughtfully plan daily lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the needs of all students, providing extra support, enrichment, or variation of work when necessary.
- Demonstrate strong content knowledge and ability to deliver effective instruction.
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards and diagnose areas of student misunderstanding.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Be accountable for students’ academic growth and increase each individual student’s achievement.
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment.
- Reflect on successes and areas of growth, seek to improve teaching performance, and respond to feedback.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Invest parents and families in their children’s academic success through regular, clear communication in both oral and written forms.
- Anticipate and respond to Deal’s diverse stakeholders in a high-quality and courteous manner.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Possesses or is eligible for a valid District of Columbia Teaching License.
- Meets Highly Qualified status as defined by the NCLB mandates.
- Successful completion of Praxis I and II exams (unless holding a standard teaching license).
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Enthusiasm for and demonstrated mastery of subject matter.
- Middle School teaching experience a plus.
- Unrelenting commitment to students, self, and school’s constant learning and development.
- Ability to self-reflect on teaching practices and be responsive to feedback.